If you're interested in using a BEAT|publishing music composition in film, television, advertising or in any other medium, please contact our Licensing Department at:Email or call us at 246.428.6814

Types of Licenses

  1. A synchronization license is required to synchronize music with a video image. This license is also referred to as a "sync license." A sync license would need to be obtained in order to use a BEAT|music publishing copyright in Film, TV, Commercials, Video/DVD, Videogames, Trailers/Promos, etc.
  2. mechanical license is needed if you want to record and distribute a BEAT|music publishing copyright on either a physical album (CD, cassette, vinyl, etc.) or via digital delivery.
  3. live stage production license is needed if you would like to use a BEAT|music publishing copyright in a live stage production.
  4. derivative work license is needed for Samples, Translations, Parodies, and all other proposed Derivative Works using BEAT|music publishing copyrights. A derivative work license will only be issued after BEAT|music publishing receives and reviews audio of the proposed derivative work. In other words, you need permission from us in order to create a derivative work.
  5. master use license is required, in addition to the license from BEAT|music publishing, if you wish to use an original/master recording of a song. The owner of such recording is usually the record label.  We will be pleased to work with prospective licensees of BEAT|music publishing compositions to help arrange for master use licenses.